Monday, December 1, 2008

Boys playing 1

I have attached a couple of videos of the boys in their playing/recording "studio" in our basement.As you can see, I tried to give you an idea of where it is located in the centre of the basement in an enclosed area. The boys have tried to soundproof it as best as possible using carpets suspended from the ceiling and mattress's along the walls as well as some sheets and some sort of egg carton type sound things. They have even made a recording booth in a closet which I forgot to show in these videos but will in future ones. Much to my surprise as I entered the room and turned the corner I saw Matthew(22) on the drums! Heh, I am only the mom-how would I know he can play drums too!!! Giving myself credit, they have only just set up this room in the past week, previous to this they were playing in a different basement and I seemed to only be there when Matthew was playing guitar and Marc the base guitar and dabbling on the drums. Marc (20)bought himself a drum set aprox 1 1/2 months ago and I cannot believe how good he is on them---self taught, as is Matthew.Their friend Mike is also in the first video, he was there doing some DJ things with a phonograph-too bad I hadn't got that on video as it was quite good. The boys have been really respectful with the sound loudness and the lateness of time playing. I tried to email these video's to their Uncle and was not able to, so that is why I now have them on my blog...not a bad addition I say.

No comments: