Friday, November 20, 2009

Random

Looking back I see that I have been very remiss in keeping up with this blog, I think it is because I don't feel I have anything really interesting to say----no cute kid stories to tell anymore,just life going on.

There have been some high's this past year with my sons finally performing live with their progressive rock band of 2, but the biggest accomplishment for them was cutting their first CD. I am very proud of them, they wrote all the music, the lyrics, played all the instruments and sang the vocals... and recorded it and mixed it themselves. It was then sent out to have the final mix done on it and 500 copies were made.They managed to make a recording studio in our basement,somewhat shabby but it works for them. I am in constant awe of how much they have accomplished by themselves and how much they love working and playing together. They make an amazing team.

The saddest recent part is my little dog Harley is now gone. I had to put him down on Nov 1/09 after he basically went nuts on Halloween as the children came trick'r'treating.This wonderful little doggie vicously attacked me bitting my hand quite severly 3 times and leaving 2 deep gouges. Over the years Harley would sometimes yelp if you touched his ear,the vet checked him twice and found no problem. For about 1 1/2 weeks prior to this awful night he would yelp occassionally for no apparent reason.I was going to take him to the vet on the Monday to get him checked out.Instead, I took him on Sunday to have him put down as he was clearly no longer in his right mind. The wonderful vet said he was quite certain Harley had a brain tumor.I still have quite a nasty scar from two of the bites which reminds me of him a lot.He was an abused dog that we adopted, became partially paralyzed, regained everything except his bladder and bowels-but we kept him diapered and he was a happy dog with our family. I am glad that he had a good life with us after such a rough start, and I am so grateful to my vet Elaine Murphy who worked so hard with him (a lot of it for free which included her taking him to her home for a few days)to help him walk and run again. RIP little Harley and I hope you and Ricoh are having a great time togther.

No comments: